This tour is ideal for all those who want to discover the nocturnal wonders of Costa Rica. We will begin with a 30-minute drive to the town of La Tigra, where we will meet the Mendez Family. This Traditional Costa Rican family lives off the land and dedicates part of their property for the natural regeneration of plants and animals.
On the property, we will take a 600-meter trail alongside a small patch of regenerating forest with water mirrors that facilitate the observation of nightlife such as birds and nocturnal mammals,insects, amphibians, bats, and more.
We will walk around the water mirrors until we reach the frog sanctuary, where natural regeneration and reproduction of these species occurs. The sanctuary receives its name due to the large number of frogs that can be observed, like the hammer frog and the bullfrog which are the largest and smallest species in Costa Rica, in addition to the beautiful red-eyed tree frog, and the spectacular little glass frog. After the tour isover, a delicious traditional Costa Rican dinner prepared over a wood-burning stove awaits and it will be accented with the nocturnal lights of the SanCarlos plains. After dinner, we will take the transportation back to La Fortuna.
- Entrance fee
- Mineral bottled water
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Transportation from the hotel with A/C & Wifi on vans
- Hiking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Tennis shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Rain coat
- • Price per person (USD).
- • Minimum 2 adults to operate tour.
- • Child price applies for ages 5 to 11 yrs.
- • Children 4 and under are free.
- • Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Any cancellation or modification of the reservation made less than 24 hours before departure will incur a penalty of 100%
- The customer shall it be at the agreed time and place, we’ll wait a maximum of 5 minutes. In case of No Show, the reservation will be charged to 100%