Popularly referred to as the Hule Lagoon, the beautiful lagoon with 55 hectares (136 acres) of diameter is located at the base of the Cerro Congo Volcano, 11 km (6.83 miles) from the famous Poas Volcano. This area is renowned for its excellent trekking trails due to the variety of scenery and terrain, from clay, to dirt, volcanic rock, and grasslands in a rainforest at 800 m above sea level.
We depart from La Fortuna around 7:30 am, to drive 1.5 hours through the plains of San Carlos, on the outskirts of the Juan Castro Blanco National Park, until we reach the Hule Lagoon. On arrival, we will prepare for our expedition to the volcanic lagoons and begin our hike through the pastures that border the forest of the volcanic caldera of the Hule Lagoon. During the descent we will head into the exceptional rainforest of the area where we will enjoy incredible views of the primary and secondary lagoons. Along the 8 km (5 miles) circuit trail we will visit 2 of the 3 most important lagoons of the area, from 15 to 55 hectares in diameter.
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Transportation from the hotel with A/C & Wifi on vans
- Mineral bottled water
- Entrance fee
- Change of clothes
- Insect repellent
- Tennis shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain coat
- Bathing suit and towel
- What to bring: Hiking shoes or tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, raincoat or poncho, insect repellent, change of clothes, and money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
- We include: Transportation to and from your hotel in air conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi, bilingual naturalist guide, Reserve entrance fee, bottled mineral water, energizing snacks, lunch, walking sticks, and insurance policy.
- • Price per person (USD).
- • This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- • Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- • Minimum age required: 08 years.
- • Price for child’s: 08 – 11 years.
- • Good physical condition is required.
- • Moderated hike.
- • May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- • Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- • Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- • The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.