See Arenal Volcano on this Costa Rican Trip
The breathtaking Arenal Volcano is one of Costa Rica’s most iconic sites, but its surroundings are equally impressive. During this trip, you’ll have the chance to delve into the rainforests and Hanging Bridges that make up Arenal’s diverse landscape. Highlights include a tour of Arenal Hanging Bridges and Arenal Volcano National Park by Arenal Lale and a dip in Arenal’s natural hot springs.
One of our Ecoterra Costa Rica’s drivers will meet you at Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) at 8:30am or 3:00pm; in order to drive you to the Arenal Volcano National Park Region; the transportation to Arenal takes about 3 hours. Lodging at Casa Luna Hotel or similar hotel. After check in you will have the evening off for optional activities as enjoying the pool or take a massage at Luna Spa with special deals and discounts for our guests.
This is one of the most popular tours in the area. The tour starts in the morning at approximately 7:30 a.m. The Hanging bridges forest reserve comprises 243 hectares (600 acres) of protected forest. It is ideal for hikers who would like to discover and admire the unique characteristics of the tropical rainforest.
On the 3.1-kilometer (1.9 miles) circuit you will go across 15 impressive bridges, some of them suspended over the forest, and others stationary. The bridges have different lengths and heights and were made with the intention of accessing the flora and fauna from different perspectives as you go through the different levels of the forest.
From these bridges, you will have great views from the heights of the forest’s canopy making it easier to spot birds and animals. The topography of the terrain is relatively easy with some short inclines, making this tour apt for all types of people.
Some of the animals that inhabit this type of forest include three species of monkeys, multiple species of birds, serpents, wild boars, frogs, and more.
At the end of the tour, we will take the transportation back to the hotel. You will have some part of the afternoon off to enjoy the on your way.
In the afternoon, you will be greeted by our guide aprox at 02:30 pm at the front desk. The tour begins with a short 20 minute ride to the Peninsula Sector at Arenal Volcano National Park near the Arenal Lake, once on the trail a walk wait for us with an easy trail of 1.5km (1 mile) away for 1 hour approximately.
During the whole trip you will be able to enjoy excellent views to Arenal Lake and Tilaran Volcanic Mountain Range viewing from the different observation bays that are along the trail. At the end of the trail we will have the opportunity to walk up to the observation platform of approximately 10 m high closer look at the volcano and to receive a complete explanation of the history, active cycles, and geological formation of this colossal.
At the end of the trail, we will enjoy a fresh tropical fruit buffet, then we will board our boat for the ride along the edges of this enormous man-made lake, allowing us to observe the rainforest, islands, aquatic birds and some of the animals which make this area their home. This is the best possible place to take incredible pictures of the Arenal Volcano, if the clouds permit. After 45 min on the boat, we will arrive to the dam duck.
At the end of the day, the perfect place to relax will be at the Arenal Paradise Hot Springs. At about 9:00 pm you will be picked up to return to the hotel.
La Fortuna is the best area in Costa Rica for activities & tours; you will have the day off for do optional activities with extra cost, like our special trip to the Rio Celeste & Tenorio Volcano; this is one of the unexplored locations of Costa Rica, and might become a neat in sunny days (some physical effort might be required). The turquoise blue waters together with all the nature surrounding, make of Rio Celeste a place to enjoy. Located in the outskirts of the Tenorio Volcano, without any doubt this river is one of a kind.
Between other extra activities that you can do around Arenal Volcano Region are: ATV´s, Canyoning, Whitewater Rafting Class II & III or Class III & IV, etc.
Today, you have the shuttle back to the Juan Santamaria International Airport in Alajuela at 8:00am. Please consider this transfer takes about 3 hours to the airport, and you must be there at least 3 hours earlier your flight time for checking in; if you require a transportation on a different time we can arrange a private transportation for some extra bucks.
- Transfer from Juan Santamaria international airport to the hotel
- Transportation to all included activities.
- Bilingual Naturalist Guide
- 3 nights / 4 days lodging in double room in Casa Luna Hotel & Spa
- Daily breakfast
- Guided tour to Arenal Hanging Bridges Walk,
- Guided tour to Arenal Volcano National Park by the Arenal Lake
- Entrance to Paradise Hot Springs
- Free 24h Wi-Fi complementary service
- Free Internet Access (lobby)
- Free Security Safe
- Welcome drink in the Casa Luna Hotel
- 2 people minimum
- Transfer from the hotel to Juan Santamaria international airport
Important considerations concerning this package
- Changes to the itinerary cannot be made, there is a logistic matter to be considered.
- If you ask for different destinations not included in this package during the package days, you will be remitted by one of our travel planners for a new itinerary proposal.
- If you wish to skip any of the activities there won’t be any refund.
- Children 5 years and younger are not allowed to take part of the Arenal Hanging Bridges and one of the adults will have to accompanied the kid. This service won’t be refund either, since changes are not allowed in the package. If you pleased we can offer you the professional baby sitter, you can ask for our services.
- Costa Rica is a country to travel around, and if you have some extra days we recommend you to take the opportunity you are already here and visit one of the pacific beaches, the cloud forest or even stay longer at the Casa Luna, if you are open to suggestions please let us know.
- Keep in mind most of hotels in Costa Rica are with two double beds and if you are three people two of you will have to share a bed.
- Our reservations hours: Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 19:00hrs and Saturday from 08:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs
- Our support hours: Everyday from 07:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs
Considerations concerning the pricing
- Package price does not include 13% package tax which can be paid via PayPal, credit card authorization form or Bank Transaction at least 10 days before your travel date.
- For an extra person in the same room with all the services mentioned in the package add $499 - Taxes included - (Maximum 1 extra adult + 1 child per package)
- For children from 5 to 11 years old please add $329 -Taxes included- (Maximum 2 children’s per package) this payment will be process by Ecoterra Staff. Upgrades for change the transportation back to other destinations or for private transportation are available with extra charge.