Admire our Arenal Volcano on this trip
The great Arenal Volcano is one of the places you should always visit when traveling to Costa Rica, its surroundings are also very striking. During this trip you will have the opportunity to enter both the forest and the suspension bridges, which means that in our destination we can enjoy different attractions. What stands out includes a tour to the Arenal Volcano by boat and a stop in the hot springs.
One of our Ecoterra Costa Rica drivers will meet you at Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) at 8:30 am or 3:00 pm; to take it to the Arenal Volcano region - La Fortuna; Transportation to Arenal takes approximately 3 hours. Accommodation at the Casa Luna hotel or similar. After check in you will have the afternoon free for optional activities such as enjoying the pool or having a massage at the Luna Spa with special offers and discounts for our guests.
This is one of the most popular routes in the area. The tour starts in the morning at approximately 7:30 am. It is ideal for hikers who want to admire the characteristics of the rainforest. It consists of a 1.9 mile walk along a path through 600 acres of reserve. Full of vegetation, where you can enjoy the rich flora and fauna of Costa Rica, such as monkeys, vipers, wild pigs, many types of birds, sloths, wildcats and more. The bridges have different lengths and heights, they were made with the intention of assessing the flora and fauna from a different perspective, since it crosses different levels of the forest. From these bridges you will have excellent views of the forest canopy and it will be possible to locate animals and birds along the way. The topography of the terrain is quite simple with a few hard slopes that are not long.
At the end of the tour we will enjoy a delicious snack of tropical fruits overlooking the Arenal Volcano and then take our transport back to the hotel. They will have some free time to enjoy the gardens of the Hotel and its surroundings.
In the afternoon at about 2:30 pm our guide will pick you up at the reception of your hotel and we start the tour heading to the Peninsula section of the National Park near Lake Arenal, once on the site a walk on a simple path awaits us 1.5 km away for about an hour; throughout the tour you can enjoy excellent landscapes with a view of Lake Arenal and the Tilarán Volcanic Mountain Range in the different observation bays that are found along the entire path. At the end of it we will have the opportunity to climb to the observation platform of approximately 12 meters high for a closer and amazing view of the volcano, receiving a full explanation of its history, activity cycles, geological formation among other relevant data.
At the end of the trail, a snack of fresh fruits is served and then take our boat and take a tour along the wooded banks of Lake Arenal and islets to try to find some animals. This is the ideal place to make the best scenic photographs of the volcano, if it is clear
After about 45 minutes, the boat docks in the Arenal Dam sector.
At the end of the day, the Arenal Paradise Hot Springs hot springs will be the perfect place to relax. Around 09:00 hrs our transport will be waiting for you back to the hotel.
La Fortuna is the best area of Costa Rica for activities and tours; you will have the day off to do optional activities with additional cost, such as our special trip to Rio Celeste and Tenorio Volcano; This is a unique river in Costa Rica, this makes its visitors admired with its beauty (some physical effort may be required). The turquoise blue waters along with all the nature.
Also among the most recommended activities in the area, are: Quad Bike Tour, Rafting, Rapel and many more. Ask your travel agent for all the activity options we have around the Arenal Volcano.
Today, you have transportation back to Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) in Alajuela at 8:00 am. Please note that this transfer takes approximately 3 hours to arrive at the airport and you must be there at least 2 hours before your flight time to register. If you need a transport in a different time than the package includes, we can organize a private transport for an extra charge.
- Ground transportation Airport- Hotel.
- Ground transportation Casa Luna hotel & Spa- Juan Santamaria Airport.
- Transportation to package activities.
- 3 nights / 4 days double room Casa Luna Hotel & Spa or similar.
- Daily breakfast.
- Entrance in hot springs.
- Arenal Volcano Expedition.
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour
- Tour Arenal Volcano National Park and Lake Arenal / Trail and Boat.
- Bilingual naturalist guide.
- Complementary Wifi in public areas.
- Welcome drink.
- Two people minimum.
Important considerations concerning this package
- Changes in the itinerary cannot be made, there is an important logistics to consider. If you are interested in a different destination not included in this package, you will be referred to our agents for a new itinerary. If you wish to miss any of our activities, no refund will be made. Children under 7 years old are not allowed in the canopy and an adult must accompany the child. In this service the money will not be returned either, since changes in the itinerary are not allowed. If you like we can offer the professional babysitter service. Ask for our services. Costa Rica is a country to be completely traveled, if you have extra days and taking advantage of your trip to our country, visit the Pacific beaches, the Cloud Forest or continue your stay at Casa Luna, if you need guidance, please let us know. Consider that most hotels in Costa Rica are equipped with two double beds, if there are three people, two will have to share. Our reservation schedule: Monday-Friday. 08:00 hrs-19: 00 hrs., Saturdays from 08:00 am to 4:00 pm, Sundays closed. Our times for questions & availability: Every day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Considerations concerning the pricing
- The package price does not include 13% tax, which can be paid via PayPal, credit card authorization or bank transaction at least ten days before the travel date. For an extra person in the same room with all the services mentioned in the package of $ 499 per adult and $ 399 per child (5 to 11 years) (Maximum two children per package). This payment will be processed by the Ecoterra team. The cancellation and rescheduling policy is 31 days. Transportation with different schedules or different destinations, private transports are available with an additional charge. Special Price applies only for the dates of September until December 15, 2019