Costa Rica’s diverse landscape and animal life make it an ideal destination for eco-tourism. You’ll see plenty of both on this vacation, which includes a tour of the Arenal Volcano Expedition rainforests. There’s also some adventurous activities planned—you’ll soar through treetops on a zip line and relax in natural hot springs. Along the way, you’ll stay at hotels with tons of amenities like private gardens, pools, spas, and bars.
One of our Ecoterra Costa Rica’s drivers will meet you at Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) at 08:30 am or 3:00 pm; in order to drive you to the Arenal Volcano National Park Region; the transportation to Arenal takes about 3 hours. Lodging at Casa Luna Hotel or similar hotel. After checking in you will have off time for enjoying the pool or you can have a massage at Luna Spa, which you can arrange in advance with our reservations department or with the hotel’s front desk; if you pleased and you prefer to chill you can also simply relax in your balcony, enjoying the view of Arenal Volcano (when clear) or have a cocktail at the bar.
The tour starts in the morning, aprox 07:30am after breakfast, so get ready for your first ride over the canyons, through lush forests, above Pino Blanco waterfall (160 feets) & La Fortuna waterfall (200 feets), beside the Arenal Volcano and experience the adrenaline rush of observing the landscapes over the tree tops. The zip line tour is an authentic adventure through the rainforest. A cart pulled by a tractor will pick you up and drive you 3 kilometers through a dirt road. You will arrive at a lookout point where you can see the rushing waters of the Pino Blanco waterfall. You may see several species of animals that inhabit this area such as toucans, monkeys and frogs. Seven cables with a full distance of 1.7 miles and lengths from 400 feet to 3280 feets; after the canopy tour, you will visit a representation of a Maleku Indigenous Village, members of a tribe dressed in traditional clothes greet you with a refreshing beverage and teach you about their culture, language and traditions. They share stories about animals and the environment, expressing their gratitude for nature. You will return to the starting point on cart. Near the entrance, there is a butterfly garden and a frog room, which we encourage you to explore. If you put some fruit juice on your finger, the butterflies will land on you and exhibit the vibrant colors of their wings. At the end of the tour, we will take the transportation back to the hotel. You will have some part of the afternoon off to enjoy the on your way.
In the afternoon, you will be greeted by our guide aprox at 02:30 pm at the front desk, in order to reach El Silencio Private Reserve, to reach as close to the Arenal Volcano as permitted by car. From there, we will begin a 1 km walk along a trail of volcanic rock, rated as moderate in difficulty, to reach the observation point, which is the closest to the base of the volcano we can legally get. At the observation point, your guide will provide interesting information regarding the formation of the Arenal Volcano, its periods of activity, and unedited details of its major eruption in 1968, as well as giving you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible views of the Arenal Volcano and the Arenal Lake. Afterwards, we will begin our return trip down the same trail to the starting point.
La Fortuna is the best area in Costa Rica for activities & tours; you will have the day off for do optional activities with extra cost, like our special trip to the Rio Celeste & Tenorio Volcano; this is one of the unexplored locations of Costa Rica, and might become a neat in sunny days (some physical effort might be required). The turquoise blue waters together with all the nature surrounding, make of Rio Celeste a place to enjoy. Located in the outskirts of the Tenorio Volcano, without any doubt this river is one of a kind. You can visit our office and arrange optional activities according to you needs. We recommend you to book your activities before your travel date, therefore we offer 10% discount for any tour operated by Ecoterra you book in advance.
Our transportation service with professional’s drivers, will pick up all guests in Casa Luna Hotel & Spa at 07:30 hrs. Once all the passengers in the van, will drive through the road to Manuel Antonio crossing the Tárcoles River, the most famous river with one of the largest populations of American crocodile (Crocodylus acutus) in America. Check in and lodging at Espadilla, The Falls, Vela Bar Hotel or similar hotel, the the receptionist provide all the information for a relaxing stay at the Resort.
Day off in Manuel Antonio, choose one of the following activities to add to your package (already included):
- Surf Lessons (Shared)
- Guided Walk to the Manuel Antonio National Park (Shared) *The National Park is closed on Mondays
- Ocean Kayak & Snorkel (Shared- Lunch included)
- Horseback Riding (not on the beach) (Shared-lunch included)
- Damas Island Boat Tour (Shared-Lunch included)
Today, you have the shuttle back to the Juan Santamaria International Airport in Alajuela at 08:00 am or 12:15 pm. Please consider this transfer takes about 4 hours to the airport, and you must be there at least 2 hours earlier your flight time for checking in; if you require a transportation on a different time we can arrange a private transportation for some extra bucks. Note: local flight from Manuel Antonio to San José Airport is available just for $80 per person extra charge.
- Lodging at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa standard room or similar (3 Nights)
- Lodging at Espadilla Hotel, The Falls, Vela Bar Hotel or similar in standard room for (2 Nights)
- 5 Breakfast (Day 2,3,4,5 & 6), 1 Dinner (Day 2)
- Ground Transportation from Airport to La Fortuna
- Ground Transportation from La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio
- Ground Transportation from Manuel Antonio to San José (Airport)
- Tour of Zip Line over the tropical rainforest
- Arenal Volcano Expedition
- Entrance to Arenal Paradise Hot Springs
- Transportation to all mentioned activities.
- Bilingual naturalist guide on tours
- Free 24 hours Wi-Fi in Public Areas
- Welcome drink
- This requires a minimum of 2 people
Important considerations concerning this package
- Changes to the itinerary cannot be made, there is a logistic matter to be considered.
- If you ask for different destinations not included in this package during the package days, you will be remitted by one of our travel planners for a new itinerary proposal.
- If you wish to skip any of the activities there won’t be any refund.
- Children 7 years and younger are not allowed to take part of the zip line and one of the adults will have to accompanied the kid. This service won’t be refund either, since changes are not allowed in the package. If you pleased we can offer you the professional baby sitter, you can ask for our services.
- Costa Rica is a country to travel around, and if you have some extra days we recommend you to take the opportunity you are already here and visit the cloud forest or even stay longer at the Casa Luna, if you are open to suggestions please let us know.
- Our office hours: Monday to Sunday from 08:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs
Considerations concerning the pricing
- Taxes included on these prices
- For an extra person in the same room with all the services mentioned in the package add $499 - Taxes included - Maximum 1 extra adult per room. This payment will be process by Ecoterra Staff.
- For children from 5 to 11 years old please add $399 -Taxes included- Maximum 1 child per room. This payment will be process by Ecoterra Staff.
- Upgrades for change the transportation back to other destinations or for private transportation are available with extra charge.