Explore Rainforests and Beaches in Costa Rica
Costa Rica’s diverse landscape and animal life make it an ideal destination for eco-tourism. You’ll see plenty of both on this vacation, which includes rainforest tours, visits to hot springs, and a cruise through crocodile-inhabited waters, and other adventures. On the last two days, you’ll get a chance to re-energize at an all-inclusive resort near the beach. Each trip includes:
One of our Ecoterra Costa Rica’s drivers will meet you at Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) at 8:30am or 3:00pm; in order to drive you to the Arenal Volcano National Park Region; the transportation to Arenal takes about 3 hours. Lodging at Casa Luna Hotel or similar hotel. After checking in you will have off time for enjoying the pool or you can have a massage at Luna Spa, which you can arrange in advance with our reservations department or with the hotel’s front desk; if you pleased and you prefer to chill you can also simply relax in your balcony, enjoying the view of Arenal Volcano (when clear) or have a cocktail at the bar.
The tour starts in the morning, aprox 07:50 am after breakfast, so get ready for your first ride over the canyons, through lush forests, above Pino Blanco waterfall (160 feets) & La Fortuna waterfall (200 feets), beside the Arenal Volcano and experience the adrenaline rush of observing the landscapes over the tree tops. The zip line tour is an authentic adventure through the rainforest. A cart pulled by a tractor will pick you up and drive you 3 kilometers through a dirt road. You will
arrive at a lookout point where you can see the rushing waters of the Pino Blanco waterfall. You may see several species of animals that inhabit this area such as toucans,
You may see several species of animals that inhabit this area such as toucans, monkeys and frogs. Seven cables with a full distance of 1.7 miles and lengths from 400 feet to 3280 feets; after the canopy tour, you will visit a representation of a Maleku Indigenous Village, members of a tribe dressed in traditional clothes greet you with a refreshing beverage and teach you about their culture, language and traditions. They share stories about animals and the environment, expressing their gratitude for nature. You will return to the starting point on cart.
At the end of the tour, we will take the transportation back to the hotel. You will have some part of the afternoon off to enjoy the on your way.
In the afternoon, you will be greeted by our guide aprox at 02:30pm at the front desk, in order to reach El Silencio Private Reserve, to reach as close to the Arenal Volcano as permitted by car. From there, we will begin a 1 km walk along a trail of volcanic rock, rated as moderate in difficulty, to reach the observation point, which is the closest to the base of the volcano we can legally get. At the observation point, your guide will provide interesting information regarding the formation of the Arenal Volcano, its periods of activity, and unedited details of its major eruption in 1968, as well as giving you the opportunity to enjoy the incredible views of the Arenal Volcano and the Arenal Lake. Afterwards, we will begin our return trip down the same trail to the starting point.
At the end of the day, the perfect place to relax will be at the Arenal Paradise Hot Springs including a dinner served at the Hotsprings Restaurant. At about 9:00 pm you will be picked up to return to the hotel.
La Fortuna is the best area in Costa Rica for activities & tours; you will have the day off for do optional activities with extra cost, like our special trip to the Rio Celeste & Tenorio Volcano; this is one of the unexplored locations of Costa Rica, and might become a neat in sunny days (some physical effort might be required). The turquoise blue waters together with all the nature surrounding, make of Rio Celeste a place to enjoy. Located in the outskirts of the Tenorio Volcano, without any doubt this river is one of a kind. Among other activities, we recommend ATV's, Canyoning, White Water Rafting, Sloth Tour, and Campesino Farm Tour.
You can visit our office and arrange optional activities according to you needs. We recommend you to book your activities before your travel date, therefore we offer 10% discount for any tour operated by Ecoterra you book in advance.
Our transportation service with professional’s drivers will pick up all guests in Casa Luna Hotel & Spa at 7:30am. The transportation will drive through the road to Jacó Beach crossing the Tárcoles River, the most famous river with one of the largest populations of American crocodile (Crocodylus acutus) in America for about 3 hrs.
Stay for 2 nights at Best Western Jacó Beach Resort with All Inclusive program or to Oceano Boutique Hotel with Classic program. Welcome cocktail will be awaiting, while the receptionist provide all the information for a relaxing stay at the Resort.
Today you will have all the day off to enjoy the day on your way.
Enjoy include unlimited food and drinks program with beachfront views and the best relaxing tropical atmosphere. You can enjoy exciting activities for all ages, outdoor swimming pools, tennis and volleyball courts, wireless Internet and cable television with free movie channels in your room, or simply relax soaking up the sun while enjoying refreshing cocktails.
All Inclusive program: Enjoy included unlimited food and drinks program with beachfront views and the best relaxing tropical atmosphere during your stay in Jaco. Early check is included, just be aware that rooms will be available until 3:00 pm.
Classic program: Breakfast Included. Check in at 3:00 p.m.
Today, you have the shuttle back to the Juan Santamaria International Airport in Alajuela at 10:00am or 13:45 pm. Please consider this transfer takes about 2 hours to the airport, and you must be there at least 2 hours earlier your flight time for checking in; if you require a transportation on a different time we can arrange a private transportation for some extra bucks.
- Lodging at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa standard room or similar (3 Nights)
- Lodging at Oceano Boutique Hotel or similar (2 Nights)
- 5 Breakfast (Day 2,3,4,5 & 6) 1 Dinner (Day 2)
All Inclusive Option
- Lodging at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa standard room or similar (3 Nights)
- Lodging Best Western Jacó Beach Resort All Inclusive (2 Nights)
- 5 Breakfast (Day 2,3,4,5 & 6), 2 Lunch (Day 4 & 5), 3 Dinner (Day 2,4 & 5)
Also included in both options
- Ground Transportation from Airport to Casa Luna Hotel & Spa (La Fortuna)
- Ground Transportation from La Fortuna to Jacó Beach
- Ground Transportation from Jacó to San José (Airport)
- Tour of Zip Line over tropical rainforest
- Tour of Arenal Volcano Expedition & Natural History Walk
- Entrance to Arenal Paradise Hot Springs
- Transportation to all mentioned activities
- Bilingual naturalist guide on tours
- Free 24 hours Wi-Fi Public Areas
- Welcome drink
- 2 people minimum.
Important considerations concerning this package
- Changes to the itinerary cannot be made, there is a logistic matter to be considered.
- If you ask for different destinations not included in this package during the package days, you will be remitted by one of our travel planners for a new itinerary proposal.
- If you wish to skip any of the activities there won’t be any refund.
- Children 7 years and younger are not allowed to take part of the zip line and one of the adults will have to accompanied the kid. This service won’t be refund either, since changes are not allowed in the package. If you pleased we can offer you the professional baby sitter, you can ask for our services.
- Costa Rica is a country to travel around, and if you have some extra days we recommend you to take the opportunity you are already here and visit one of the pacific beaches, the cloud forest or even stay longer at the Casa Luna, if you are open to suggestions please let us know.
- Keep in mind most of hotels in Costa Rica are with two double beds and if you are three people two of you will have to share a bed.
- Our support hours: Everyday from 07:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs
- Our reservation hours: Monday to Friday from 07:00am to 19:00hrs, Saturday from 08:00am to 16:00hrs and Sundays is closed.
Considerations concerning the pricing
- Package price does not include 13% package tax which can be paid via PayPal, credit card authorization form or Bank Transaction at least 10 days before your travel date.
- Extra Guests in All Inclusive Option:For an extra person in the same room with all the services mentioned in the package add $499 - Taxes included - Maximum 1 extra adult per room.. For children from 5 to 11 years old please add $399 -Taxes included- Maximum 1 child per room.
- Extra Guests in Classic OptionFor an extra person in the same room with all the services mentioned in the package add $399 - Taxes included - Maximum 1 extra adult per room. For children from 5 to 11 years old please add $299 -Taxes included- Maximum 1 child per room.